Sunday, September 22, 2013

Week 4 Teaching With Tech

Using Technology with Classroom Instruction that Works page 139-140 give Generalizations and Recommendations of how to do cooperative learning in the classroom, I loved this. Many times we hear great theory of how things should work but those of us in the real world and in the classroom need MORE than theory. I need a game plan. I real one that is do able with all the 459 other real important this we as teachers do. 
More specifically I like the example of,” Base Groups long-term groups, created to provide students with support throughout a semester or school year.” (Pitler, 2007, p. 140) This type of group is to help build support and trust. I plan to incorporate this type of group. I teach special ed. During 1st period I am to teach 20 students. Of these 20 students 3 have one on one aide, 10 are algebra 1 students, and 5 are Geometry students and 5 math model students. I am utilizing technology programs to help me teach the entire subjects in the first 50 minutest of the day, but to say the least it is HARD! I think if I implemented base groups and discussed with the students the objective of the group, to work together and help each other learn, would help keep everyone on task and more accountable to each other.  I also I want to create it so that they have the sink or swim mentality. If everyone doesn't understand then your group is not successful. I want the students to depend on each other and themselves to construct learning. Not just always sitting and waiting for the teacher to deliver the information.

Each video this week was neat and inspiration to watch. I like to see others at work doing it. The lady form way out in the country America was especially aspiring. She used the resources that are out their. She accepted the fact that her kids will teach her something. Her message that we as teachers must get over the fact that we don't know everything about technology and the kids will be able to teach us something. http://www.edutopia.org/digital-generation-teachers-vicki-davis-video

The above video is super cool. High tech Thematic teaching! SO AMAZING


Pitler, H. (2007). Using Technology with classroom Instruction that works. Denver: McRel.



No comments:

Post a Comment