Sunday, September 29, 2013

Teaching with technology final thoughts

When my teacher friend first introduced UDL to me, I thought that it was just another catch phrase. I asked her how it was different from differentiated instruction.  She was unfamiliar with the word differentiated instruction. Through the progression of the course we studied both my original thought is true. They are both catch phrases to good student centered teaching. In both UDL and differentiated learning you don't accept one style of learning. You accept all styles and plan for all styles and needs of a learner. You allow students to express learning in many different forms and push each and every student to their max. when planning the CAST UDL lesson plan builder was a great tool. Very time consuming as is most lesson planning, but essential until differentiation and UDL becomes a natural way to teach. When looking at the ebook I felt that is was an outdated program. I feel that I have better resources and would not waste time trying to get the CAST ebook to work. However, the idea of students creating an ebook is great. As of now I think I would have the students use photo story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment